Friday, September 14, 2012

Bret Hart speaks on Montreal, the WWE wasting talent & More




WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart spoke with Rob McNichol of the UK Sun this week about his return to Montreal on Monday for RAW and WWE wasting great talent by focusing on making them “television stars” instead of world class pro wrestlers. Here’s what he said about:


Returning To Montreal After The Montreal Screwjob: “It was a big night,” Hart said. “I knew it was going to be, because any time I’ve gone back to Montreal for anything, it’s always been emotional. It was fitting, going full circle. I think it was important to do. I think it was more important than WWE or anyone realized.

“I think when they called me it was more to be there for Pat Patterson Appreciation Night than anything else — I love Pat and I’m a big fan of his — but it had more significance to me than that. The Montreal Screwjob was a famous, historical meltdown that in a lot of ways was my finest hour.

“WWE failed me on that day and buried the knife as far as they could. I think the little fisticuffs that happened afterwards with Vince was my finest hour. It’s not so much the physicality of it, but more that I stood my ground as a Canadian and as a professional.

“That reaction from the fans told me that I did do the right thing. These people wouldn’t feel the way they do right now and have that emotion 15 years later if I had done the wrong thing that day.


WWE Wasting Quality Talent: “They have some great wrestlers, and Tyson Kidd is as schooled as they get. Technically and mentally – as far as wrestling psychology, moves, timing – Tyson Kidd is maybe one of the best in the world,” Hart said. “There are a lot of wrestlers in that company that have not been used properly. Brodus Clay is a guy that when I first saw how he moved and how skilled he was as a big 300-pounder, and now I see him with the girls and he’s just a cartoon character. Whoever thought of that should be taken out the back and shot.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks too Bret they are both in the U.S.Title battle Royal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brodus sucks but Kidd is great

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Brodus sucks needs to change gimmick especially if you tryna be taken serious now

    ReplyDelete