Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Great Debate: Sex Sells

Kate Upton.  God's gift to the eyes.


Hey....over here....OK....take a few more glances at the above photo and then come back to me when you're ready.......done?.....HEY!  I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!! Aw screw it, check after the jump for the first article in my new GREAT DEBATE series!




It's no secret that sex sells in any form of entertainment.  In the Attitude Era, we had a ton of eye candy in the form of Stacy Kiebler, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus, Lita, Terri Runnels, Sable, Sunny and pretty much every diva after them.  It's an controversial argument and one I think should be discussed amongst the most outspoken of fans across the world, the IWC!  Here's my take:


The current crop of WWE Divas are arguably some of the most beautiful women the company has ever seen.  However, because we live in a post PG world, they rarely earn any TV time.  I'm not saying this is entirely due to the lack of boobage on screen, but it has to be considered a factor.  The majority of pro wrestling fans are men between the ages of 16-30.  And while most people used to bitch and moan about the women being exploited in the past with risque story lines, but at least they were given much more TV time and a chance to earn the support of the audience while earning some extra viewers in the process.  Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres and AJ Lee, are three of the sexiest and most beloved women on television right now and with the exception of AJ, it has little to do with their in-ring prowess.  In fact, just this past Monday when Eve made an appearance on Raw, you could hear the whistles and cat-calls over most of the boos.  I'm not saying turn every Diva into a piece of eye candy, but adding that element to the show would give many men a reason to look froward to seeing the ladies each week again.  Don't lie to yourself and say that the minute you would hear Torrie Wilson's theme back in the day, that you didn't get as giddy as you would seeing your favorite superstars.  This has everything to do with the inevitable fact that whatever she was wearing, she was more then likely wearing an itty bitty bikini underneath.  I'm not saying the WWE should make this a weekly staple of Monday Night Raw, but once in a while it wouldn't hurt.  I know it's a PG show and there's no way that were going to see a rehashing of the Torrie-Dawn Marie feud from 2003, but how about resurrecting the WWE Divas magazines and DVDs?  Being able to see your favorite Diva in a whole new light, would only add to her overall appeal.  I know most of you are wondering what this has to do with the above photo of Kate Upton (hell, I doubt your even reading this).  Kate represents an interesting theory of mine.  To balance things out, why not have a smoking hot sensation like Upton involved in the WWE story lines in a non-wrestling role of some sort?  Maybe arm candy for an up and comer like Dolph Ziggler.  The Show Off would thrive if he could show off Kate in a two piece during a pre-match segment for some extra heat.  Let him come out to the arena every week an do a repeat performance (perhaps even with a new model every week) and you'll have added some much needed edge to the program without getting too inappropriate.  Fuck if I know, it's an interesting argument for sure and one that I look forward to hearing all of your opinions on.


So what's the verdict?  Do you miss being able to see your favorite Diva in a bikini clad photo shoot?  Or would you rather things stay the way they are?




Let me know which side of the fence....or um....panties you are on.

-9

10 comments:

  1. Dude i agree where your coming from dont have to go out there naked but damn show some skin. And i do miss those DVD's......Good times...OH melina & Lita i miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, how could I forget about Melina...DAT ASS!

      Delete
  2. I still have most of my wwe divas DVD's like divas do NY and the tropical one with Ivory featured. I dont mind if there are no longer bikini contests if the bring em' back!!!! would LOVE to see aksana or natalya in a bikini )=}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 1000000% in fact, just last week I think I mentioned to a friend that I missed the diva DVDs!! Even though i'm a chick, I never felt like they were being exploited..they looked happy and eager to show off all.that hard wark at the gym paid off! Great idea for Dolph too! He'd get a ton of hate/heat for that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Those DVDs were the best!

      Delete
  4. Am i the only one who wants to see vivkie Geurrero in a two picec bikin? Would buy the dvd for that. Cool article man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! You may be alone in that my friend.

      Delete
    2. She has a bug butt..but her face is fugly :P I think there are pics online of her in a bikini though btw lop

      Delete
  5. Lol that vickie request was funny as hell but really if she had a bag over her face I would bang the hell out that BIG O BOOTY DUDE!!! FO SHOW. By the way if Dolph brought a new bad women every week he would be the man

    ReplyDelete