Saturday, March 30, 2013

Just A Quick Thank You

 
 
You know it's little nuggets like these that make every second of my writing worth it.  When I started this blog just over a year ago, I had hoped to provide a voice for the group of fans who'd like to read about wrestling on the Internet without constantly reading how much everything sucks and how this or that could make the product "better".  The fact is, it HAS gotten better.  If you find that wrestling's still a disappointment in 2013, then you're in need of some enlightenment, my friend.  Maybe if I reveal to you my story, it may help....



At the top of the decade, my cousin Jay & I decided we were not going to read dirtsheets anymore.  We both loved wrestling since childhood and had found that most wrestling sites had made us into the sort of grumpy smarks you find in the comments section over on Youtube.  We then looked to my wife, who had become a huge fan about the same time and had never read a dirtsheet or any sort of IWC commentary in her life.  When she watches the WWE, she laughs, she cries & she always thoroughly enjoys the show.  It's not because she wears blinders and can't see the obvious flaws, but rather that her perspective has yet to be touched by public opinion.

I love wrestling more than any other form of sport or entertainment and to have the one thing I love most ruined for me almost made me resent every dirtsheet or blog I ever read.  Save for The Wrestling Blog & Cewsh Reviews, I scarcely check in anywhere on the Internet for just that reason. 

Fast forward to 2011 and I'm now fully freed from "The Matrix" and loving wrestling the way I used to as a kid again.  Would you believe it?  Would you believe that I watched the now infamous CM Punk MITB 2011 angle with no sort of idea of the general Internet opinion & what was going to happen?  I wasn't on twitter or facebook, I was marking out at home with two of my favorite people in the world.  It was the most amazing night in my time as a wrestling fan I've ever had.  I'll never forget it.

So you see while some may call me optimistic and say I overrate anything involving the WWE, I never get angry at them.  In fact, i just feel sorry for them.  Internet culture thrives on negativity and thus is the reason it was hard for me to get footing in the blog world at first.

Such is the reason why I enjoy every read, comment and supportive tweet I get, because it's a confirmation that what I do is indeed the refreshing alternative I set out to produce & perhaps I could even make someones day.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you all.  The blog has become everything I could have ever dreamed of and I owe all of you for that.  Especially the distinct portion of you who've been here from the get go and stayed through the rough patches because the message and ideals represented here meant something to you.  It also means everything to me because your support has helped this blog grow and will be the only reason it continues to do so.


Thank you all again,

-G9Z

6 comments:

  1. This is downright inspiring man. I've been a reader for over a year now and I was genuinely moved by what you wrote here. No need to thank us, thank YOU for being the voice of reason for so many of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and the continued support!

      Delete
  2. thank you for this! Awesome to know your back story, everybody should have the same optimism with something they love. You're truly gifted at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea that I played some minuscule part in this is humbling. I'm hugely grateful that you have such a positive voice in what is often a very negative community, and you'll always have a reader in me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comment, Cewsh & I'm beyond humbled to have you along for the ride! :D

      Delete