Monday, August 20, 2012

The ESSENTIALS: The 20 Best Entrance Themes of All Time


Welcome to the first in a two-part special edition of the ESSENTIALS.  This time around, I'm going to rank my favorite themes of all time.  In the second list, I will rank the top 20 entrances alone.  This list is one that leans more towards personal preference and is really more opinion based, but I thought it would still be fun to do.  I rank each theme based on how well I believed it fit the character(s) of each superstar and on how pumped I get just hearing the first few chords alone.  A truly great theme should be legendary.  A theme that not just becomes synonymous with the superstar involved, but always paints a vivid picture of what's to come when said superstar arrives in the arena.  For the top ten, I chose themes that were not only good entrance themes, but just great songs in general.  Songs I actually listen to on my Ipod everyday and can't get enough of.  So without further ado, here are my picks for the top 20 themes of all time:




Number 20: John Cena "Basic Thuganomics"
Not as iconic as "The Time is Now", but still Cena's best in my opinion.






Number 19: Goldust "Gold-Lust"
One of the most awesomely creepy themes ever.  Perfect for the Golden One.






Number 18: Beth Phoenix "Glamazon"
I believe this to be the single greatest female theme of all time. 





Number 17: Mark Henry "Some Bodies Gonna Get It"
Hands down the best rap theme in wrestling ever.






Number 16: Kane "Slow Chemical"
This theme truly captured the Big Red Machine's sadistic persona.






Number 15: The Rock "Is Cookin"
The opening calm before the theme drops only added to The Great One's aura.






Number 14 D-Generation X "Break It Down"
Probably the most attitude ever put into one theme.  Perfect for DX.






Number 13: Steve Austin "Rattlesnake"
Probably the single most iconic theme of all time.  The glass shattering always gets a reaction.







Number 12: Brock Lesnar "Next Big Thing"
A theme that instantly strikes fear into the hearts of any opponent because they know what comes next.






Number 11: Gangrel "Blood"
Gangrel's theme was so awesome, it's almost become more iconic than the wrestler himself.







Number 10: CM Punk "This Fire Burns"
A theme that represented Punk's passion and desire to make it to the top of the WWE.






Number 9: Randy Orton "Voices"
This theme was the first to fully represent all of Orton's sick twisted thoughts in one amazing song.







Number 8: Dolph Ziggler "Here To Show World"
A fantastic theme that epitomizes what Ziggler is all about.






Number 7: Shawn Michaels "Sexy Boy"
HBK is arguably, the most arrogant and flashy in-ring competitor ever.  What better way to show that than by singing your own theme. 






Number 6: Batista "I Walk Alone"
The Animal's badass swagger was only matched by his epic entrance theme.






Number 5: Evolution "Line In the Sand"
In my opinion, the best stable theme ever.






Number 4: Chris Jericho "Break The Walls Down"
All the glitz and glamour of Jericho's over-the-top persona are further enhanced by his triumphant theme.






Number 3: Triple H "The Game"
A theme that never gets old and always sets the perfect mood for Triple H's matches.






Number 2: CM Punk "Cult Of Personality"
If the first theme best represented Punk's rise, this one fully represents his success as "the man".






And just who has my single favorite entrance theme of all time?




Number 1: Edge "Metalingus"
No theme ever captured a superstar's persona so perfectly and plain and simple, has ever got me more amped.



5 comments:

  1. I agree with most of these but my all time favorite is the nwo and Hollywood Hogan themes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Essentials I agree the only theme that was missing from this list was the NWO theme ,overall great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Edge #1 I agree as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. Sure, the NWO theme is amazing, and I strongly considered including it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other themes listed here.

    ReplyDelete